Friday, January 11, 2013

Tangling With Phicops

The wonderful Diva over at the I Am the Diva blog has challenged us, the Zentangle community, to our first challenge of the new year! Woot!

This time the goal of the challenge was to use a new tangle that the Diva's husband, B-rad, invented. It's called Phicops, and it's a really cool one. Here's what I came up with:

Tangles used: Phicops, Crescent Moon, Beeline, Auraknot, and Tipple.

Phiclops is really a great tangle. Simple, quick, but you still end up with that "how did I do that?" effect. Shading adds a ton to this tangle - and I mean a TON! I thought my tile was a flop until I shaded it - wow!

I tried something a little different with the photography this time. Instead of using my DSLR camera, I used my new iPhone's camera and the various apps for photo editing. Not quite as high quality as the "real" camera, but it did work pretty well! 

In case some of you coming over here from the Diva's blog haven't seen it yet, I want to invite you to watch my recently released video, Zentangle in Motion 2. Enjoy!

Also, I'm just about to begin my adventure in becoming a Walt Disney World cast member, so forgive me if the blog posts are more infrequent. 

Blessings!

-Zach

7 comments:

  1. Oh Zach I DID enjoy your version of Phicops and Yes I like it too and I think I posted using it before you did. That'll be a first. I know I should get on the challenge too. I will one of these days....but right now I am on the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. One challenge at a time. I do Zentangles like every other day for this challenge and try watercolor and acrylic in between. Check out my blog http://ginnystiles.blogspot.com and see if you see Phicops (in the birthday card). No I don't know if I can forgive you for posting more infrequently...haha...just kidding. I hope you will at least post some "adventures" from Disney and keep us posted on what is happening there! All your blog friends are very excited for you. Weather GREAT here right now (way above normal). We are in 80s right now. But we have a huge range of temps for January so I still say pack those gloves and a warm jacket!!! Good luck at Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the composition of this tile. Interesting how so many different tangles can merge together into some gorgeous images. Really enjoy seeing how you shade things. Adds so much to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still intimidated by this tangle, but maybe I'll give it a try before I get sucked into the vortex of school on Monday! Have a great time on your Disney adventure, and I too would like to see some posts about it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have phicops down pat and it is as always a gorgeous tile! You have a style that just draws me in each and every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tile! I like the way the beeline is separating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tile. Good luck with your new role :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cool tangled tile, Zach! I enjoyed the video too. Congratulations on becoming a cast member for Walt Disney World! I took my girls there a couple of times when they were little, and have great memories of the time we spent there. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete